Britain and the EU

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2013
      Britain and the EU

      [ I hear on the news that there might be a referendum on whether Britain
      comes out of EU or stays in. What do you think would happen if there was
      a vote? How is the weather where you are; the snow is worse down your
      way I hear? ]

      Hard to say for it seems to be evenly divided with perhaps a few more in
      favour of coming out. But it is very hard to predict. But such a
      referendum would only come if the Conservatives win the next election,
      and which I of course hope they do not. As for myself I don't give a
      hoot and will not be voting if there is one. In principle I think
      Britain ought to stay in, but not the way that it is now. I for one will
      not be dictated to by France and Germany. But there really ought to be a
      combined Europe and with close American and Russian ties. But not too
      close :- ))) There is more than enough corruption and capitalism here
      now. If I did vote then I would vote for better weather. We are snowed
      in here right now, and with no electricity for some of the time. My wife
      was going to France at five this morning but she could not get through
      to Bristol airport. But she got through by ten. So I am stuck here
      alone for about four days and it is as quite as quiet can be. But the
      snow is supposed to be easing off here later today. Got plenty of food
      in and a few beers however. The South West has been the worst hit by all
      this snow. Exmoor and the Quantocks are bad, so too is the Mendip hills
      south of Bristol and also the Blackdown hills down at Taunton and
      Wellington. Very strange weather indeed :- ) Lots of abandoned cars
      around. A postman froze to death up on Exmoor. Oh dear, it has just
      started snowing very hard again and bloody great lumps the size of golf
      balls. Ker-Riced it is almost a white-out out there. Think I will have
      a beer and some nuts.

      Dick