The address and luncheon

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2013
      The address was the speach of a warrior. Obama is going right back to fighting for full equality. Obama was combative and rebuked his prediscessors for a decade of war.I really liked that ,it needed to be said. The luncheon is a study in the habits of powerful people. First they are serving chanpaigne but few will touch it. The powerful do not get loose very often. Obama is not even eating. Clinton and Carter, but no Bushes. This is not inclusive it is a partisan luncheon.This inauguration combined Martin Luther King and Obama and equality seems a huge theme. Obama laid down the gauntlet that gays and latinos and blacks will have equil rights . I see the same tough,ruthless people I have seen in DC for many years. The masses in the streets are celebrating but the folks at the luncheon are planning,plotting. They all want to sit in that head chair. All that dicipline and guile just seems to increase.
      So the morning says look out this administration plans to do political battle and lots of it. Biden says he and Obama just flat tell each other if they disagree. I really think they are tight and will give the other side fits.
      So a little wine and a lot of bombast are almost over. Next the parade which always scares hell out of me. Dallas is completely burned in my head, some of our guard units are there. Just a few dog faces between the great and the grave. Ill be happier when he is back indorrs ,inside the metal detectors. So choak down the rubber chicken and get ready for the gauntlet. There are snipers on all the buildings. Think of having to loose a high power round in that dense throng. I hope Obama stays in the beast but I am sure he will tempt fate. The great ones get used to the threats. Bill