Mystical Experience and Evolution?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2013
      Mystical Experience and Evolution?

      [ I have never before heard or read of anybody saying that mystical
      experience was associated with human evolution. You must be the only
      one. I don't think it will get very far. ]

      No, I have not read that anywhere either. And no, I don't think
      writing it will get very far either. But it happens so I had to write
      it. What others don't know is of no interest or concern to me. Let
      them write about what they have found and do actually know. I found that
      they are related and directly connected to human evolution. It kind of
      speeds it up. But invariably I find people writing about what they have
      not found, and just invent the stuff and call it truth. So, a few bits
      of what really happens is worth mentioning. Well, I thought that it
      might have been worth mentioning anyway. But maybe it wasn't. We
      will see. Or rather they will see in time to come; for I will not be
      here to see it taken seriously. However, I did find three mystics
      actually saying it albeit not writing about it; and one physicist. But
      anyway, while I am still here bring me the person who knows all that
      there is to know about the human condition and consciousness. You will
      find them on every street corner.

      rwr

    • devindersingh
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2013
        Our evolution is the becoming. We become the being we aspire to be. In
        our normal living we are not the true being. We strive to become that
        true being - the psychic being. Thus spake Sri Aurobindo: [in 1918] It
        has been well said by one who saw but through a veil and mistook the
        veil for the face that thy aim is to become thyself; and he said well
        again that the nature of man is to transcend himself. This is indeed his
        nature and that is indeed the divine aim of his self-transcending. What
        then is the self that thou hast to transcend and what is the Self that
        thou hast to become? For it is here that thou shouldst make no error;
        for this error, not to know thyself, is the fountain of all thy grief
        and the cause of all thy stumbling. That which thou hast to transcend
        is the self that thou appearest to be, and that is man as thou knowest
        him, the apparent Purusha. And what is this man? He is a mental being
        enslaved to life and matter; and where he is not enslaved to life and
        matter, he is the slave of his mind. But this is a great and heavy
        servitude; for to be the slave of mind is to be the slave of the false,
        the limited and the apparent. The Self that thou hast to become is that
        self that thou art within behind the veil of mind and life and matter.
        It is to be the spiritual, the divine, the superman, the real Purusha.
        For that which is above the mental being is the superman. It is to be
        the master of thy mind, thy life and thy body; it is to be a king over
        Nature of whom thou art now the tool, lifted above her who now has thee
        under her feet. It is to be free and not a slave, to be one and not
        divided, to be immortal and not obscured by death, to be full of light
        and not darkened, to be full of bliss and not the sport of grief and
        suffering, to be uplifted into power and not cast down into weakness. It
        is to live in the Infinite and possess the finite It is to live in God
        and be one with him in his being. To become thyself is to be this and
        all that flows from it. Be free in thyself, and therefore free in thy
        mind, free in thy life and thy body. For the Spirit is freedom. Be one
        with God and all beings; live in thyself and not in thy little ego. For
        the Spirit is unity. Be thyself immortal, and put not thy faith in
        death; for death is not of thyself, but of thy body. For the Spirit is
        immortality. To be immortal is to be infinite in being and consciousness
        and bliss; for the Spirit is infinite and that which is finite lives
        only by his infinity. These things thou art, therefore thou canst
        become all these; but if thou art not these things, then thou couldst
        never become them. What is within thee, that alone can be revealed in
        thy being. Thou appearest indeed to be other than this, but wherefore
        shouldst thou enslave thyself to appearances? Rather arise, transcend
        thyself, become thyself. Thou art man and the whole nature of man is to
        become more than himself. He was the man-animal, he has become more than
        the animal man. He is the thinker, the craftsman, the seeker after
        beauty. He shall be more than the thinker, he shall be the seer of
        knowledge; he shall be more than the craftsman, he shall be the creator
        and master of his creation; he shall be more than the seeker of beauty,
        for he shall enjoy all beauty and all delight. Physical he seeks for
        this immortal substance; vital he seeks after immortal life and the
        infinite power of his being; mental and partial in knowledge, he seeks
        after the whole light and the utter vision. To possess these is to
        become the superman; for he is to rise out of mind into the Supermind.
        Call it the divine mind or Knowledge or the Supermind; it is the power
        and light of the divine will and the divine consciousness. By the
        Supermind the Spirit saw and created himself in the worlds, by that he
        lives in them and governs them. By that he is Swarat Samrat, self-ruler
        and all-ruler. Supermind is superman; therefore to rise beyond mind is
        the condition. To be the superman is to live the divine life, to be a
        god; for the gods are the powers of God. Be a power of God in humanity.
        To live in the divine Being and let the consciousness and bliss, the
        will and knowledge of the Spirit possess thee and play with thee and
        through thee, this is the meaning. This is the transfiguration
        of thyself on the mountain. It is to discover God as thyself and reveal
        him to thyself in all things. Live in his being, shine with his light,
        act with his power, rejoice with his bliss. Be that Fire and that Sun
        and that Ocean. Be that joy and that greatness and that beauty. When
        thou hast done this even in part, thou hast attained to the first steps
        of supermanhood. SABCL Vol 17 [pp
        74-76]http://www.spuvvn.edu/academics/academic_chairs/aurobindo/emag2011\
        /emag_jun11.pdf Dick has wasted the mystical experiences he