To have been devoid of mind control?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2013
      To have been devoid of mind control?

      [ It must have been a fortunate set of circumstances which enabled you
      to have been devoid of mind control and manipulation. Had it been
      otherwise then you would probably not be what you are today. Nurture
      must be the dominant factor. ]

      In order to know what I would have been like had circumstances been
      different then I would have had to have lived both in order to compare
      them, but as I have only knowingly lived this one life then that is all
      I know; and I cannot speak of a life which I did not live. So there is
      no way of knowing. I would indeed accept the premise that one's
      upbringing and nurture are extremely important, but I do not accept the
      belief and teaching that we come here as blank slate. Even at the age
      of three I knew things which I had not been taught here and there was
      also a driving force of deep inner instinct which would not have had
      time to grow here; a nature within us that runs very deep and very
      silent. Had I had a very different upbringing then those deep inner
      forces and drives would still have been what they were. Perhaps it
      might behove others to see if they have them too. If they don't then
      maybe we are different species. But I doubt that very much. Maybe they
      have just not looked within themselves. But that is for others to
      choose, or to avoid, as they will.

      Dick Richardson

    • William
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 20, 2013