Re: base viewpoints

  • devindersingh
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2013
      Now why would a mystic want to tell lies?

      Dick joined several groups, searching them out.

      It was his need to tell his truth to a wider audience.

      The urge to inform overtook his urge to become.

      Mysticism is the opening of a window that brings home that there is more
      to life than mere existence.

      That there is a higher becoming.

      It is the beginning of a search for truth.

      But Dick has found his truth that he is eager to declare.

      The becoming becomes secondary.

      "There must be a total and sincere surrender; there must be an exclusive
      self-opening to the divine Power; there must be a constant and integral
      choice of the Truth that is descending, a constant and integral
      rejection of the falsehood of the mental, vital and physical Powers and
      Appearances that still rule the earth-Nature.

      If each time the Power intervenes and brings in the Truth, you turn your
      back on it and call in again the falsehood that has been expelled, it is
      not the divine Grace that you must blame for failing you, but the
      falsity of your own will and the imperfection of your own surrender.

      If you call for the Truth and yet something in you chooses what is
      false, ignorant and undivine or even simply is unwilling to reject it
      altogether, then always you will be open to attack and the Grace will
      recede from you. Detect first what is false or obscure in you and
      persistently reject it, then alone can you rightly call for the divine
      Power to transform you."

      http://saccs.org.in/texts/sriaurobindo/-sa-themother.php

      Gulati