Gulati says the common man is crap

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2013
      Gulati says the common man is crap

      [ In another group some time ago, my post said:

      THE whole purpose of man's life upon earth, it may be said, is to make
      an individuality of himself and to grow in that individuality and
      organise it perfectly.

      An ordinary man is a most disorganised entity and possesses no
      individual character. His mind is a conglomeration of thoughts and ideas
      which do not particularly belong to him, but to everybody, being
      elements of the world-mind in general. His vital being too is a medley
      of desires, impulses, energies that are not personal in any sense, but
      pass through him or take a long or short-term asylum in him from the
      universal vital force. The body, being a definitely delimited object, is
      perhaps the only thing that appears to be personal – the chief, if
      not the only source and sign of personal identity; and with the loss of
      the body, the whole personality seems to crumble down and disappear in
      the world-existence – the body particles get mixed into the world of
      matter, the life elements disperse in the vital world, the mental
      components disintegrate into the world of mind. In fact, this is what
      happens to the human person after death or would happen normally.

      Thus man, the ordinary or "natural" man, has no person­ality, no real
      individuality. It is just like a wave-formation out of universal nature,
      moving in and being moved by the total swell and heave, being formed and
      being destroyed every moment – as the poet says:

      They take birth in you and they dissolve in you like

      the waves in the sea.

      We may thus say that the whole purpose of earthly evolution is the
      evolution of this soul-formation, that is to say, its growing
      individualisation in light and power, in the expression of the godhead.
      This growth is first in itself and of itself, its inherent being and
      consciousness; then, the growth is that of its instrumentation, in other
      words, the development and organisation of the mind, the life and the
      body. Gulati ]

      Well, I let you say this on my group; but my emails did not go through
      on your Indian guru group did they : - )) Freedom to talk????

      But you don't seem to think much of the ordinary man and woman do you. A
      wee bit elitist maybe? If so then how did you get into that sad
      psychological state? Something to do with the cast system maybe? Maybe
      the Islamic extremists feel like that too. But, who cares. Well, it sure
      AINT the result of mystical experiences and the REUNION event of Knowing
      your SELF. I will address `the purpose of life' in another email under
      that heading.

      Have a nice day.

      Sir Merlin of Exmoor.

    • Dick.