Re: What is TheBecoming

  • William
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2013
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Dick." wrote:

      > Ahh yes, I know it. Who the hell asked you to join that? I would not
      > advise you to join it; but if you did for a few days out of curiosity
      > then I would not bother to write there if I were you. There is a right
      > motley mixture there, from fundies to physicists. Also, like the exists
      > list it does not have a files deposit section, but my groups do. I was
      > asked to write there but five out of every six emails I sent there did
      > not go through. I did not stay long for I refuse to be on moderation;
      > and which is a form of censorship. But one of the people in the group
      > who write in private does belong to that group but he has joined mine
      > now. But it seems to be mostly Hindu's, Buddhists, a few more sane
      > Muslims, and some scientists. But it would make a change for you from
      > the group which you on for a few days. DONT tell them that I visit an
      > Existentialist group or they will freak out :- ) Man, I have got
      > around in my time. Another good reason for retiring now. The worst group
      > ever on the internet is the Fairfield Life group, try it for a couple
      > of days and read some back emails. I once knew the bloke who started it.
      > They let me on and do not moderate me, but it will drive folks crazy if
      > they stay too long - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/
      >

      > Have fun. Best wishes
      >
      > Dick.
      Merlin, thanks for the info It was an Indian name and I do not plan to go there.When I was invited here I had little idea I would be here years later. It is such a slippery medium and I have always liked it as I saw it grow. My business manager had one of the original K-Pro computers. It fit in a suitcase and didnt do much but you could program the thing My business agent was in Mensa and he knew the computer was going to be real big. He lost his ass a couple of times trying to prove that.
      >As to being moderated They have gone to the periodioc ATTENTION!Being self taught on this medium I am a blue screen champion.I worked on a preelectronic massive fil-o-graph. It took thousands of square feet and millions of stock cards. Sperry Rand owned it and the exec was a friend. At that time such monster counting machines were at the pinnacle of business acumen. Then UNIVAC made all that card computing just disappear .
      Today I was bitched out for not having a cell phone. I have had to pick and choose new tech otherwise I just overload . I know people who spend four hours a day playing video games.They are gaming there lives away but if thats what makes you happy,its not illegal,yet. So I will avoid the Indian hot coals torture and stay here with this cooler blooded lot. Have a mystic sleep. Bill