Would you agree with this analogy

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2013
      Would you agree with this analogy

      See far below -

      [ Good Morning, Merlin, All …

      Hope this finds you well.

      This topic reminds me of a discussion I've been having elsewhere on TIME
      and MEMORY which might tie in. I DO wonder, too, Merlin, when you've
      spoken of being THERE, there is no MEMORY of being HERE. Nothing and no
      one that you are missing, no experiences you're taking with you, but you
      feel complete. There is a Gnostic ritual I'm reminded of which closes
      with this affirmation which reminds me of the experience you've
      described so often since I've known you. I wonder if you would agree
      with this analogy:

      Emancipation from the bondage of existence begins not in death, but in
      life.

      Therefore we seek to know of the spirit within us and also without us.
      For the

      unknowing are like those already dead. However, by learning and growing
      in our

      spirit, we shall pass on from death and know the state which is greater
      than all life,

      and this is the ecstasy of the light of ultimate fullness - our own
      Pleroma.

      Rewinding back to the issue of TIME and MEMORY … a few things were
      pointed out to me that seemed almost sad. Being THERE … with no
      MEMORY of HERE … outside of TIME, WHAT IS THERE? What was pointed
      out to me was this:

      IF there is no ego, no identity, no connection … we wouldn't be
      loved or have love for another; there would be no PASSION for certain
      things. We would be like trees swaying in the wind and because
      everything would have equal significance, nothing would be
      extraordinary. Everything would feel like a very gray, safe and
      peaceful world … Bleh!

      Some of the ego-related things (that I am guilty of preaching about
      letting go of) are some of what sets us apart and makes life's
      experiences richer. I just can't imagine life without PASSION and
      DESIRE and AWE ….

      You know, Merlin, this has me thinking more and more about how people
      talk about concepts like Heaven and how there is a better place waiting
      for us after we die (which we have spoken of before many times). But
      it's really hitting home with me how very lucky we are to have the
      SENSES we do in the HERE AND NOW to be able to TOUCH, TASTE, SMELL,
      HEAR, SEE and EXPERIENCE. How much does the average person take these
      things for granted? Don't know what you've got `til it's gone … and
      when it's gone, there's no real guarantee that you'll come back in this
      form. But I suppose all things are GREAT in their own right and knowing
      "the state which is greater than all life" must be something we will
      marvel in.

      Hope I didn't get too off the beaten path there. I tend to run off on
      tangents …. :P

      Much Love

      Tracey