Base viewpoints.

  • William
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2013
      The US is in a time of great change. The move from our longest war to peace is taking place. Bushes faith based neocons are pretty well exposed and more people trust Obamas brand of center left government. The obstructionist right wing is completely dug in and are on the verge of Hari Kari in their bitterness and anger. It is sad to be so devided so much is wasted and any social cohesion is very hard to come by.
      If you noticed they cut Jamie Diamonds compensation in half. I find that significant as a big money man has been santioned. It was certainly overdue and not enough but it did happen. The capitalists were nearly unapposed by the end of Bush and Obamas getting us out of two wars and beginning a return back to honest government is monumental. Kasim Reed says Obama is positioned for basic fairness. When Bush came in the Democrats asked for fairness and the big response was, who said it would be fair. I think we are over that sad cynacism with the pendulum moving back to basic justice within the society. As to paying for our meds Obama care is making progress on that front.
      Dick, dont count us out, there is huge flux here and most of the movement is in a better direction. In your position I would not give a damn about world affairs but would be looking forward to those weddings. I know you are a deeply civilised man and are bound to kin and country. I hope you find a way to enjoy and be comfortable with whatever remains. Bill
    • Dick.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2013
        Give up on people of the USA? Who me? I never give up on anyone, you
        know that. I stayed with you lot long enough didn't I, despite all
        the dross and despite being banned. I think you are the only one here
        who still talks to me : - ) Anyway, most of my friends are from
        America. Gathered quite a few from Asia and Africa too. Not too many
        from England however :- )))) Guess I am too brash and too way out for
        them here :- ) But thanks for the good wishes for what remains of my
        future here, Yup, I always try to enjoy it and there is always much to
        do. Man, how times have changed from the 1930's eh :- ))) Keep
        smiling.

        Dick Richardson