base viewpoints

  • William
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
      Glad to see you are still kicking.I seldom see you write about politics you generally write about mysticism. I do not comment on mysticism because it sets you off on a jag and no communication takes place.
      I boil it down to two general camps,the progressives and the conservatives. The progressives use science as a guide in decision making and try to be rational and to work to the common good. The conservatives,which you call religionists, are believers.They consult god for their their faith based plans and rely on divine guidence. If science fits in with their faith based plans they use it but for them rational thought and proofs are not necessary.
      Now I see you as closer to medernist progressive than to the conservatives. You detest faith and the priests and have a healthy respect for science.
      I do not know where UK is going but US is headed for the left progressive. The oil wars are slowing down and the right wing is beginning to accept that they will no longer be allowed to charge about ,starting wars and forcing their faith based agenda on the rest of the world.
      The horrible gun violence here has debased the right wing and has shown them to be single issue clods. In USA we have a de facto Jahaad every day. It cuts down blacks and hispanics in disproportunate numbers and that suits the white right wingers just fine. Obama now has a pry bar into that box of snakes and he will hurt them monitarily and politically.
      The biggest change will come in defense. Our wildly bloated defense budget is why our books do not balance. The generals howl about the hollowing out of defense but they know the cuts are coming. After ten years of constant war it is coming to an end. Our longest war fought over oil and religion will remain as terrorist incursions that we will deal with by our new found assets. Now we have oil, and know how to fight insergencies.
      So it is no longer a good time to be a religous terrorist, it is not a good time to be a right wing,single issue zealot. It is a good time to be a rational progressive so in the next four years we will see what we can accomplish toward pushing back war and bigotry and starvation and poverty. Since you seem unable to die on cue I expect that knowing your history you will support the progressives in these goals. Like it or not you are on our side. Bill
    • Dick.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
        I did manage to go QRT for a couple of weeks, but there is a group of
        scientists and philosophers mainly from India and the Middle east, just
        a few from the west, who operate this email private group chat, but all
        of them are interested in other state of conscious existence (mysticism)
        and human evolution hence they kept dragging me into it for I am seen to
        be the expert on it :- ) This was not a Yahoo group stuff but a group
        in private email, this has happened before a few times. But some of them
        did join my three groups, and which also includes the fiction novel, for
        there is a lot of politics and revolution in that too. So quite a few
        of the emails finished up on my group too, for if folks don't mind I
        record the conversations for posterity. So, retiring is not easy. I
        should never have written about mysticism in the first place :- ))) But
        there is a huge world-wide interest in it, far more so than daily
        politics. But I have in fact written much about politics and
        revolution. But I have never been asked to do radio programs on
        politics :- ))) People are far more interested in the evolution of
        humanity and consciousness. And so am I. But, you know, I am getting
        old. Not too well, and enough is enough. I have been doing it for near
        on fifty years now. So, going back into retirement now. We have two
        weddings in the family this coming summer, don't think I will be fit
        enough to cope with going to them. Oh, by the way, life and politics is
        very different in England and Europe than it is in the USA. The USA
        always seems to be so far behind the times. I guess their religions and
        their greed and love of money and guns and isolationism holds them back.
        If you want to move on then the whole population has to learn, learn,
        learn, and grow by it. But so many of them still seem to be in the
        sixteenth century. They even have to pay for medication from what I hear
        of it. How quaint.

        Dick Richardson

        > Glad to see you are still kicking.I seldom see you write about
        politics you generally write about mysticism. I do not comment on
        mysticism because it sets you off on a jag and no communication takes
        place.
        > I boil it down to two general camps,the progressives and the
        conservatives. The progressives use science as a guide in decision
        making and try to be rational and to work to the common good. The
        conservatives,which you call religionists, are believers.They consult
        god for their their faith based plans and rely on divine guidence. If
        science fits in with their faith based plans they use it but for them
        rational thought and proofs are not necessary.
        > Now I see you as closer to medernist progressive than to the
        conservatives. You detest faith and the priests and have a healthy
        respect for science.
        > I do not know where UK is going but US is headed for the left
        progressive. The oil wars are slowing down and the right wing is
        beginning to accept that they will no longer be allowed to charge about
        ,starting wars and forcing their faith based agenda on the rest of the
        world.
        > The horrible gun violence here has debased the right wing and has
        shown them to be single issue clods. In USA we have a de facto Jahaad
        every day. It cuts down blacks and hispanics in disproportunate numbers
        and that suits the white right wingers just fine. Obama now has a pry
        bar into that box of snakes and he will hurt them monitarily and
        politically.
        > The biggest change will come in defense. Our wildly bloated defense
        budget is why our books do not balance. The generals howl about the
        hollowing out of defense but they know the cuts are coming. After ten
        years of constant war it is coming to an end. Our longest war fought
        over oil and religion will remain as terrorist incursions that we will
        deal with by our new found assets. Now we have oil, and know how to
        fight insergencies.
        > So it is no longer a good time to be a religous terrorist, it is not a
        good time to be a right wing,single issue zealot. It is a good time to
        be a rational progressive so in the next four years we will see what we
        can accomplish toward pushing back war and bigotry and starvation and
        poverty. Since you seem unable to die on cue I expect that knowing your
        history you will support the progressives in these goals. Like it or not
        you are on our side. Bill

      • devindersingh
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19, 2013
          Now why would a mystic want to tell lies?

          Dick joined several groups, searching them out.

          It was his need to tell his truth to a wider audience.

          The urge to inform overtook his urge to become.

          Mysticism is the opening of a window that brings home that there is more
          to life than mere existence.

          That there is a higher becoming.

          It is the beginning of a search for truth.

          But Dick has found his truth that he is eager to declare.

          The becoming becomes secondary.

          "There must be a total and sincere surrender; there must be an exclusive
          self-opening to the divine Power; there must be a constant and integral
          choice of the Truth that is descending, a constant and integral
          rejection of the falsehood of the mental, vital and physical Powers and
          Appearances that still rule the earth-Nature.

          If each time the Power intervenes and brings in the Truth, you turn your
          back on it and call in again the falsehood that has been expelled, it is
          not the divine Grace that you must blame for failing you, but the
          falsity of your own will and the imperfection of your own surrender.

          If you call for the Truth and yet something in you chooses what is
          false, ignorant and undivine or even simply is unwilling to reject it
          altogether, then always you will be open to attack and the Grace will
          recede from you. Detect first what is false or obscure in you and
          persistently reject it, then alone can you rightly call for the divine
          Power to transform you."

          http://saccs.org.in/texts/sriaurobindo/-sa-themother.php

          Gulati