Base Viewpoints

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2013
      Base Viewpoints

      [ For each person life is a private affair. But when love comes on the
      scene it becomes a shared affair. You have said these things yourself.
      So why bother with becoming involved in the arguments between science
      and religions? ]

      Yeah, good question :- ))) But my other major interest from way back
      when was and still is Politics, and these silly arguments between
      scientists and religionists creep into Politics do they not. Also, if
      you leave yourself open to questions because of what you have written
      then you have to take what comes, and one should expect that from the
      outset. Perhaps the mistake was in writing anything in the first place
      :- ) And it was not my intention to do that.

      So, perhaps it might be a good idea to reiterate once again the
      difference between the three different base viewpoints. My questions to
      myself as a child were: What am I? Where do I come from? What am I
      doing here? And, What exists to be consciously experienced in life?

      It turned out that what exists to be consciously experienced also
      directly addressed the questions about What am I: Where do I come from;
      and What am I doing here. Presumably scientist and religionists do not
      find the same things as Mystics. So, there are three types of `radar
      screen' are there not. And that is even assuming that one can take
      any faith based viewpoint as any kind of experiential conscious evidence
      for anything. Which I don't.

      One cannot exist here without asking questions. So, by what means is one
      going to go about asking questions? I reiterate that in the other domain
      of conscious existence one cannot ask questions and there is nothing to
      ask. But that is THERE, not HERE. But we cannot STAY there and we cannot
      stay here :- ) We call leaving here DEATH. What do we call leaving the
      other mode of conscious existence? There is no name for it. But Exodus
      or Emanation are perhaps the two most fitting names. But neither
      scientists or religionists ask the same questions as I do. Why not?
      Well, that is because I am mad and they are not :- ) Oh those naughty
      mad bad shit stirring mystics :- )))

      However, let us look at it. The scientific method of asking questions is
      by observing things, measuring them, experimenting with them, concocting
      theories which they can then try to prove wrong. Any theory which cannot
      be proved wrong may contain some truth. But scientists know well enough
      that something my come along later which can then prove a theory wrong
      which could not be proved wrong before. So scientists are always having
      to change their mind as their understanding grows. Do faith based people
      ever change their mind and understanding? It seems not. So, what is
      their viewpoint, perspective, outlook, understanding, based upon? Good
      question isn't it. Perhaps somebody ought to ask them :- ) But
      obviously it is not based on nothing. It seems to be based upon books;
      what they have read somewhere. If so then what did the writer of their
      book base their words and evidence and perspective upon?

      But the mystic does not operate in the same way as either a scientist or
      a religionist operates. My way of operating is the same now as it was as
      a child. I wake up each morning and experience existing by way of
      experiencing things. I cannot doubt my existence because it is
      axiomatic and unarguable. But I can question and study the things which
      I experience. And I did. And in doing so I found that I was also
      studying myself. Because the two cannot be separated. An Observer
      observes. And I am an observer. So life presents one with things and
      events and one just gets on with living them, from one day to the next.

      So, these are the THREE different ways of living and BEING. The
      scientist; the Religionist; and the Mystic. Which are you? You can
      only be in one camp. I cannot be in the science camp because I do not
      live by numbers and I do not measure anything and I do not live by
      theory. The day comes anyway; so I just get on with it. I cannot be in
      the Religionist camp because I do not believe anything and I do not need
      any faith in anything. The day comes anyway and I just get on with it.

      When the days don't come any more then Time ends. When time ends
      then I am back in the other mode of conscious being – the Timeless
      mode. No questions can be asked there. But it does not matter because
      there is nothing to ask. When I ask a scientist what it is like when
      Time ends they don't answer me. They just tell me what they have
      found so far. When I ask a religionist what it is like when Time ends
      they don't answer me; they just tell me what they believe. So we
      are different are we not?

      Why are we different? Are we born different or is it ALL down to
      evolution? You work it out. In the meantime I have to live through this
      day. Have a nice day.

      Dick Richardson