In harms way

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2013
      I think Biden and Obama can steamroller an assualt weapons ban . I do not know if they can do it by executive order and the house does not want to go against all the women who are sick of their babies shot. The crazies caused the situation and the NRA wants to have a say about mental health enforcement. That will be a difficult conversation as very real privacy issues are present . Some ideas about guidence counselors being able to order evaluations are coming out. We might weed out some bad ones there but then you need to treat them. Let the gun lobby talk about paying for some facilities to keep the ill from blowing people away. Not jails,residential treatment sites. No waterboarding or other enhansed interrigation programs. Those brutal programs are still floating out there. I want to see Zero Dark Thirty. Most special forces troops have been subjected to those measures, many are incensed by the story. This debate about guns about treatment about civil rights is all interconnected. It is about public safety and individual rights. Obama may see it as a national emergency and that is where the executive orders come in. He really likes Lincoln and Lincoln took over in the civil war. Bill