Django

  • William
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013
      This Terantino film seems just a violent shoot um up but I see a deeper context. The show is set pre civil war and is a graphic condemnation of slavery. They use the "N" word. Black men use the word,white men use it ,black women use it ,white women use it. The hero is black and he is a gun fighter,bounty hunter. He rode a horse,blacks at that time were not allowed to ride a horse. Django was a crack shot and had a real bad attitude. He liked shooting whites for money. I see this as a sign of how attitudes have changed here in the US. Whites in the theatre cheered Django. They boo the white slave owner when he had a black eaten by dogs. That`s right ,eaten by dogs! It was a bloody,horrible scene and most of us have heard that slave owners set the dogs on runaway slaves. To see it is shocking.
      Django, the plantation owner and the german bounty hunter are extremely well acted. This was a big time cast and Terantino meant to show slavery in its real horror. Django shoots the plantation owner and blows up the plantation. I doubt the director could have gotten away with this pre Obama. I wonder how it will go over in Mississippi whare it is staged. It is a cold condemnation of the old south and I see it as a liberal revolt against the conservative block. This film is really "in your face". I doubt Saxby Chambliss or Lendsey Grayham could sit through it. Bill
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013
        Bill,

        Tarantino strives to make violence as ugly as it really is.

        Here's a test to determine how many slaves we virtually own. Another appalling reality.

        http://slaveryfootprint.org/

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013

          > Bill,
          >
          > Tarantino strives to make violence as ugly as it really is.
          >
          > Here's a test to determine how many slaves we virtually own. Another appalling reality.
          >
          > http://slaveryfootprint.org/
          >
          > Mary
          > Sorry,Mary,the survey is too invaqsive for me. Bill
          > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" wrote:
          > >
          > > This Terantino film seems just a violent shoot um up but I see a deeper context. The show is set pre civil war and is a graphic condemnation of slavery. They use the "N" word. Black men use the word,white men use it ,black women use it ,white women use it. The hero is black and he is a gun fighter,bounty hunter. He rode a horse,blacks at that time were not allowed to ride a horse. Django was a crack shot and had a real bad attitude. He liked shooting whites for money. I see this as a sign of how attitudes have changed here in the US. Whites in the theatre cheered Django. They boo the white slave owner when he had a black eaten by dogs. That`s right ,eaten by dogs! It was a bloody,horrible scene and most of us have heard that slave owners set the dogs on runaway slaves. To see it is shocking.
          > > Django, the plantation owner and the german bounty hunter are extremely well acted. This was a big time cast and Terantino meant to show slavery in its real horror. Django shoots the plantation owner and blows up the plantation. I doubt the director could have gotten away with this pre Obama. I wonder how it will go over in Mississippi whare it is staged. It is a cold condemnation of the old south and I see it as a liberal revolt against the conservative block. This film is really "in your face". I doubt Saxby Chambliss or Lendsey Grayham could sit through it. Bill

        • eduardathome
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013
            The present cinema and especially that of Tarantino, is like wrestling ...
            red turns to green.

            > Tarantino strives to make violence as ugly as it really is.
            >
            > Here's a test to determine how many slaves we virtually own. Another
            > appalling reality.
            >
            > http://slaveryfootprint.org/
            >
            > Mary
            > Sorry,Mary,the survey is too invaqsive for me. Bill
            > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" wrote:
            > >
            > > This Terantino film seems just a violent shoot um up but I see a deeper
            > > context. The show is set pre civil war and is a graphic condemnation of
            > > slavery. They use the "N" word. Black men use the word,white men use it
            > > ,black women use it ,white women use it. The hero is black and he is a
            > > gun fighter,bounty hunter. He rode a horse,blacks at that time were not
            > > allowed to ride a horse. Django was a crack shot and had a real bad
            > > attitude. He liked shooting whites for money. I see this as a sign of
            > > how attitudes have changed here in the US. Whites in the theatre
            > > cheered Django. They boo the white slave owner when he had a black eaten
            > > by dogs. That`s right ,eaten by dogs! It was a bloody,horrible scene and
            > > most of us have heard that slave owners set the dogs on runaway slaves.
            > > To see it is shocking.
            > > Django, the plantation owner and the german bounty hunter are extremely
            > > well acted. This was a big time cast and Terantino meant to show slavery
            > > in its real horror. Django shoots the plantation owner and blows up the
            > > plantation. I doubt the director could have gotten away with this pre
            > > Obama. I wonder how it will go over in Mississippi whare it is staged.
            > > It is a cold condemnation of the old south and I see it as a liberal
            > > revolt against the conservative block. This film is really "in your
            > > face". I doubt Saxby Chambliss or Lendsey Grayham could sit through it.
            > > Bill

          • William
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 10, 2013

              > The present cinema and especially that of Tarantino, is like wrestling ...
              > red turns to green.
              >
              > eduard
              > Eduard, I see this absolute reversal in perspective to be a trend. In the political race I often observed Red/Green shifts. Just say the exact opposite and your side cleves to your side. This is in your face politics, in your face social commentary. I find it anti intellectual in that no compromise is possible as the opposing view is not considered. You and Mary are at such a point in your thinking about thinking impasse. It is like the negative add, don`t argue the facts just lable and shut up. Call the plantation owner a killer and the black man a hero. It is like the gun debate, Guns Good/Guns Bad. Nothing is proved toward resolution of the postulate no ideas are shared. It is endemic at the present and like thinking about thinking goes nowhere. I do not know if your mental scripts exist or if they repeadly influence us.
              Right now neanderthal genetic mapping is being completed and with that concrete knowledge a reappraisal of the neanderthal mind set is taking place. Burial sites are being found,new tool making skills are proposed and personal ornamentation has been suggested. This comes after segments of neanderthal DNA has shown up in european DNA. There is less of it in oriental DNA and very little in African DNA. In fact antibody building to Epstein Barr seems part of the ancient Neander DNA. Facts lead to facts . When they don`t it remains just conjecture. I see you and Mary have stated your theories but where are the facts? If none then red will change to green and when the perspective shifts back the colors also might. Show me how one of your scripts is built and stored, let her show me how these out of mind concepts are shared. Not by reading a book but mind to mind as she portends. Show me the DNA, show me the neural pathways, show me how thought is transferred in free space. Bill

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 10, 2013
                Bill,

                Before I consider your other post, I feel the need to address this. Yes, your privacy concerns are valid, and it doesn't require yet another 'footprint' survey to be aware that we participate in slavery when we certain purchase products in the same way we participate in climate change. This is as eduard said earlier--depersonalizing violence.

                So I suppose in a certain manner I'm answering your question about interconnection and distribution of knowledge across a system. In one case it's commerce, in another it's environment, and even these are themselves interrelated. Whether it's a brain communicating within itself or externally through language, one can't escape this web.