Re: What power to charm or harm? (mainframe question)

    Message 1 of 43 , Jan 9, 2013
      eduard,

      Perhaps client-server or network is a better analogy for a thought system. Apparently dummy terminals connect to a mainframe, but exchange occurs with a computing server network. I'm staying with this comparison for the time being only because your depiction of the brain seems like computereze. In our thought system we can't separate which thought is exclusively ours. I don't dispute that thinking occurs separately in each brain but still maintain that thoughts are distributed and exchanged over an entire thought system.

      Another analogy might be electronic music wherein every mix is itself a remix.

      > I would have some difficulty with saying the "mainframe" is the Noosphere,
      > albeit I can understand your point. To me, a "mainframe" in computereze is
      > the location of programs and storage of information which is accessed by
      > means of terminals. I don't see the Noosphere as a location of storage. It
      > is more like the location in which information is exchanged. Like the
      > market place in a village is the location of exchange of vegetables and
      > money. The information itself is in the individuals. I suppose that one
      > could say that information is stored in public libraries and the internet,
      > but this information is not of use until it enters the mind of the
      > individual. It is the exchange of information within the Noosphere which is
      > of importance. The Noosphere facilitates the creation and spread of memes.
    • eduardathome
      Message 43 of 43 , Jan 15, 2013
        My only point is that the idea of the apple does not "reside" within the
        apple, as you suggested.