Five and eleven

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2013
      In January the house and senate will be in session five days,in February they will meet eleven days. White House sources say the administration will probably not be offering new plans until June. Obama says no to negotiations on the debt ceiling, if the right wing shuts down the government it will be on their heads eighteen months in the future. Also Obama has said he does not plan to overreach in his secound term . All of this would seem to point to lessened political activity.
      Some see the budgetary problems as a huge problem. I find it less dangerous than the budget hawks scream. That is the right wing mantra and it is losing steam.Time will cure the budget as the war winds down and unemployment goes down. So I think it a good thing that the pace of political battle slows, that the president,back from his vacation takes time to form up his agenda for the secound term and we get a break from engagement with it all. If Chuck Hagel is Obamas choice for defense sec I will be interested to see if the far right makes a fight against a bipartisan appointment of one of their own republicans. They know Obama is setting them up for heavy defense cuts but do they eat one of their own children to try to stop it? Bill