Re: I pee, therefore I am

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2013
      Who designs an ecosystem?

      > "System" is also an engineering perspective. You can't design an airplane
      > that is heavier than the withstand capability of runway on which it is to
      > land.
      >
      > eduardathome

    • William
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 5, 2013

        > Who designs an ecosystem?
        > Mary, The biosphere evolves an ecosystem. There is no designer it is a process. Bill
        > >
        > > "System" is also an engineering perspective. You can't design an airplane
        > > that is heavier than the withstand capability of runway on which it is to
        > > land.
        > >
        > > eduardathome

      • eduardathome
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2013
          Depends upon what you mean by an ecosystem. If you mean a system to get rid
          of waste in an ecological appropriate fashion ... instead of throwing stuff
          into the nearest river ... it would likely be some engineering firm.

          Did you know that Dubai, with all its neat towers and expensive residences
          on sculptured islands, has no internal sewage system?? Everything has to
          put in holding tanks and then trucked to some treatment plant south of the
          city.

          In a way, at least this is better than Venice when most of the stuff goes
          into the canals with hope that it will be taken out by the tides.

          eduardathome

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2013
            Yes, my point exactly, and big brains have yet to improve on it, only recklessly exploit it.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 5, 2013
              I seriously doubt that the functioning of the kidney can rival that of the
              brain. Yes a dead kidney leads to a dead brain, but then so will a scratch
              on your finger if it is infected and left untreated.

              eduardathome