Re: [existlist] Just an animal

  • eduardathome
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2013
      To be extreme about it, we are no different from a worm .... only in degree.
      The worm likely has a few neurons that keep it going in the earth ... we
      have a few more neurons to keep us going on the earth. Nooism discounts
      spirit and soul, only in that these are also the results of brain function.
      We think and because we cannot monitor our thinking, we create a fantasy
      motor which is the spirit and a fantasy being inside our being which we term
      the soul.

      Think of it this way ...

      You have a friend you go to see each day. One day you go visit and he is
      lying on the floor - dead. But he looks exactly the same except he isn't
      moving. So where did the animating force go to?? It was there yesterday!!
      Since we did not know how the body/brain works, our own brain concludes that
      he had a soul which has escaped the body. Depending upon what sort of
      person he was, we conclude that this soul has gone to a heaven or to a hell
      ... or is transitioned to some other human or life form. It all depends
      upon your belief system.

      In that we may have identified a possible heaven, we now think of our own
      possibilities. Will we go to a heaven ourselves?? Thus in comes the church
      to sell you tickets to heaven. You get mental comfort and the church gets
      very very rich.

      eduardathome