Re: [existlist] When we did not know

  • eduardathome
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2013
      I am trying to do a paper on distances. Even though we hear about probes
      such as Voyager, I don't think anyone has a clear idea of the immense
      distances. Who can visualize a million light years?? Even distances on
      earth are not well understood. Consider the thickness of the atmosphere. I
      mean the thickness that is available to humans and where our weather mostly
      takes place. This atmosphere is only like the thickness of the veneer on a
      kitchen countertop when compared to human size. If we assume this
      atmosphere goes up 6 miles and the earth were the size of a 6 foot human,
      the thickness would be 0.054 inches or 1.4 millimeter.

      eduardathome