Re: [existlist] Imagine if

  • eduardathome
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2013
      I can well imagine the transition to the new species. It would come slowly
      with first a series of robots who can make decisions on their own. Then
      designed to enable movement; perhaps in a human type form. Then living [so
      to speak] on their own in some assigned part of town where they would go
      after work. It is hard to imagine what this location might look like. What
      does a robot do after work?? This may be the most difficult stage of the
      evolution. A group living apart has always been a cause for problems for
      humans. If we can get past that point, the new species will have arrived.

      eduardathome
      Happy New Year

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2013
        If Dick is able to communicate through the web after he passes, will he have proved the power of love and intelligence as the defining attributes of the new human? That doesn't seem to be his mission. He seems to be saying these forces are here already, that only here and now matter. Similar to shock therapy, he experienced the annihilation of his memory but 'returned' to remember that he forgot everything. He perceived anew and seemed to take nothing for granted except the experience and what it meant to him. Perhaps to think differently, if we so desire, requires this kind of attitude. Assume nothing; every moment is new.

        > Dick says he going to stop posting on the net. I would miss him but we have heard this before. I am going to take this one big step further. What if Dick is something extremely different than the rest of us? What if he is the being he and Eduard postulate, a post Homo Sapiens existance that is part machine and part human. This is the droid that Eduard envisions as taking over evolution. Merlin thinks himself different and calls it mysticism. He senses another mode of being and says he has been there . Could Dick only exist on the net and sap his life from those who are normal Homo sapiens but contribute to Merlins existance by continuing to communicate with him on the communication machines? Dick may have not figured out how he fits in but he has tried like hell to explain himself. It would be interesting to have known a member of the more advanced, next link. Now there is a stretch for this plebian sod scientist mind. It is as close as I can come to thinking outside the box. Happy New Year, Bill

      • William
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2013