Doing the dross drudgery?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
      Doing the dross drudgery?

      If you mean could I do the dross drudgery of filing and measuring for
      years, then no, it would bore me to tears. I started out in engineering
      and did quite a few forms of it, both mechanical forms and electrical
      forms. In principle I liked it but in practice I found doing it too
      slow, too repetitive, and too boring, so I had to keep moving on until I
      quit it all together, to do far more adventurous things, and which also
      included working for myself after years of travelling and selling.

      If you meant could I do the dross of reading of so called mysticism and
      the so called mystics, then I found that very boring too, but I had to
      do it. I do not mean that anybody made me do it; but I had to do it. I
      was glad that I spent about twenty years doing that, for it was very
      illuminating and I learned much about the enemy. But I did find that
      doing psychology and politics to be very exciting, and I always liked
      living dangerously on the cutting edge. I would advise you to take up a
      peaceful quiet hobby which you can do at home in your retirement and far
      from the maddening crowd. How about English literature or stamp
      collecting? You have to keep the brain active in old age.

      Dick Richardson

    • William
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Dick." <somerset_2@...> wrote:

        > Doing the dross drudgery?
        >
        > If you mean could I do the dross drudgery of filing and measuring for
        > years, then no, it would bore me to tears. I started out in engineering
        > and did quite a few forms of it, both mechanical forms and electrical
        > forms. In principle I liked it but in practice I found doing it too
        > slow, too repetitive, and too boring, so I had to keep moving on until I
        > quit it all together, to do far more adventurous things, and which also
        > included working for myself after years of travelling and selling.
        >
        > If you meant could I do the dross of reading of so called mysticism and
        > the so called mystics, then I found that very boring too, but I had to
        > do it. I do not mean that anybody made me do it; but I had to do it. I
        > was glad that I spent about twenty years doing that, for it was very
        > illuminating and I learned much about the enemy. But I did find that
        > doing psychology and politics to be very exciting, and I always liked
        > living dangerously on the cutting edge. I would advise you to take up a
        > peaceful quiet hobby which you can do at home in your retirement and far
        > from the maddening crowd. How about English literature or stamp
        > collecting? You have to keep the brain active in old age.
        >
        > Dick Richardson
        >Dick, I plan to keep posting here and wish you would quit talking about dying. I plan to use you as a sounding board for several years more. Now with Mary and Eduard and you writing this list has a life again. Stick around, we need you. Bill

      • Dick.
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
          There comes a time William when you know that your time here is up. I
          was never here to keep this group going by the way. The reason was that
          I could not keep my own archive group open to public gaze. But this one
          is open so it was useful. But I wish you well. Why you? I am a big softy
          you see, and very good at psychology. They don't come any better.

          Merlin