Re: Nooism

  • William
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 30, 2012

> [...]
      > make interpretations. That is all it does. A neuron obtains an input from
      > this neuron and another from that neuron and spits out a conclusion to
      > another neuron that is the thought product. The thing about the brain is
      > that it does not need a "right" answer, but only an answer. If it cannot
      > produce an answer that reflects reality [who is to say what is reality?] it
      > will create its own answer which are our fantasies. That is the reason why
      > we have magic and miracles. They are conclusions/answers that the brain
      > makes up in order to have an answer. I would go so far as to say that
      > people will die [their brain causes them to die] because of the lack of an
      > acceptable answer.
      >
      > Another corollary is the brain sometimes doesn't care what the inputs are
      > ... whether they are true or not. The process is known as illogical
      > thinking, but in the end it IS thinking. Not only can the brain make up its
      > own answers, but it may not question the validity of the inputs that lead to
      > an output. Again, that is said to be illogical thinking, but that is the
      > way we often think. A good example is the 2nd amendment which people think
      > gives the individual the right to have a weapon, whereas it is hugely in
      > black and white at the start of the amendment that it applies to state
      > militias. If an input is not to our desires, the brain will simply ignore
      > it.
      >
      > I remember when I was a kid, my father was selecting a painter for the
      > house. This guy comes over and shows my father a brick with one side
      > painted white. He taps on the brick and says ... "Look at this, the paint
      > is so good it is as hard as a rock when dried". I still kick myself for not
      > interjecting ... "of course it is as hard as a rock; it's painted on a rock,
      > you twit". But then my bad neural script for reacting to authority kept me
      > silent.
      >
      > What is amazing is that there is a lot of resistance to the principles of
      > Nooism. People just don't want to accept that it is their brains that are
      > doing the thinking.
      >
      > eduardathome
      > Eduard, I use a shovel it is my job and can take hours of physical exercise. That is retiree brain at work. I had forgotten Nooism as you originated it from Chardin. Linking Nooism with the internet is more recent and I agree it is connecting us in remarkable ways. I have lost my fear of doing business on the net. Social Security, medicare and the census are recent groups I have worked with to a good conclusion. The built in security systems are clever and work. I am presently using a lap top networked with a cable provider. Soon I will begin installing my office computer in the network. It will be liberated on friday. I like Dell and the new computer will make three units in my home. I have not gone to the small units and do not plan to get a tablet.
      I like the way you have advanced Nooism and look forward to learning of further advances. It is the brain doing the thinking and it is just an organ not a mystical being or a spirtual entity. The concept of brains networking on the net opens areas for growth that might bring on a better species envisioned by Dick.