Sorting the Real from the Dross

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2012
      Sorting the Real from the Dross

      [ Dick`s mysticism is too big a stretch for me but much of his writing
      outside the mystical is very empirical and I enjoy reading his ideas on
      life and history. With hard drives of written material he has paid his
      dues in the thinking business. Grim William ]

      Sweet Pea, If you had any real interest in mystics, which I very much
      doubt, then you must do some real hard work and sort out the real
      mystics from the vast plethora of the DROSS of great pretenders. I grant
      you that it is not an easy job and could be a lifetimes work for
      somebody in your position. But that IS what you would have to do if you
      had any real interest. Personally at your age and this stage of the work
      I would simply advise you to forget it all and concentrate on clearing
      the snow away from your drive. But IF you were to undertake this task as
      a hobby, and IF you lived for about another thirty years, you could make
      some headway.

      I had two great advantages to assist me. One was that I was born a
      mystic and the other was that I started investigating when I was three
      or four. Given that I am now in the 75th year I have a seventy year head
      start. But in whatever you choose to do with the remains of your days
      then I wish you well and I wish you luck. Oh, by the way, you will find
      nothing but morbid rubbish in Existentialism. Oh by the way, I have
      spent 99 percent of my time thinking. Mystical experiences do not take
      up much time. The longest one I ever knew was only three hours. I can
      sure spare some time out for this stuff. Always did.

      Dick Richardson

    • William
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2012