Dialectical musings.

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2012
      I have looked up the definition of dialectical and found severel,very different, definitions. One refers to Hegel and a thesis,anti thesis process. Very germanic and over engineered. Marx is mentioned but what he meant by his economic theories just drivles out into jargon.
      I am reminded of reading Merlin for the first time. All those capitalistions and repetitions,what does he mean? It is like reading the strange language of the neuroscientists. They did not even use english and expected us all to adopt their new language.
      I am not going to go that far with philosophy. The words have to have common meaning or I will not consider them. When Hegel or Sartre tie themselves into word knots I just will not take the time or energy to untie the confusion.
      Another definitionof dialectic refers to east indian systems of thought. I do not want to go there and will not spend time on things that are not of my world or even time frame.
      The word existentialism itself is murky. Some say Heidegger coined the term but others say Sartre was the initial thinker who suggested it. I think it a very unclear word that I would not own up to. Modern philosophy has not had a spoksman for many years . Do you listen to Dr, Phil orDr, Oz? I personally like Sanjaee Gupta . He generally speaks english and renders current ideas in medicine in a scientific manner.
      I will always strive to know, not believe. If numbers are available I will trust them more than words. I look for the greatest precision and find multiple meanings just a way to obfuscate and cloud a discussion. Then again this post has little lasting merit. It is just me running my mind with no real direction. Bill