Uplifting?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2012
      Uplifting?

      [ Every once in a while we all need something which is uplifting,
      encouraging, moving, sustaining. Don't you find that to be so? I
      wonder what moved and uplifted ancient people. I wonder what will move
      and uplift people in the far distant future. ]

      Well, we cannot know what uplifted ancient people, nor people of the far
      distant future can we. And albeit that wondering is both fun and
      important. I sure used to wonder about so much when I was a kid. But
      each of us knows well enough the kind of things that press our own
      buttons don't we. But beyond the relativity of individuality and
      personal likes and dislikes it does seem to me that there are a few
      things which are common to humanity. Things which press all of our
      buttons and uplift and sustain all of us collectively. Thus universal
      button pressing things. I really don't think that one needs to
      mention them for they are obvious to all. Simply reflect on them for
      yourself. So, I guess those things pressed ancient buttons just as they
      will press future buttons. There are some things which never change.
      Call them what you like. But they are constants in life; and all and any
      observer in any time will know them. They are among the few things which
      unite us all; and time and place notwithstanding. I guess you must have
      noticed that when people are uplifted they tend to weep, not laugh. One
      ought to wonder about that; and as to why. Tears are shed for sadness
      and they are also shed for joy. And into each life a little of both must
      fall. It takes the rough edges off us and rounds us off like objects in
      space. Strange too as to how round-ish objects in space are either light
      emitters or light reflectors. Coincidence eh. So, digest what you learn
      and then shed a little light in the darkness.

      rwr