Would you have been scared of it?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2012
      Would you have been scared of it?

      [ Would you have been scared of mystical transcendent experience before
      the event? ]

      You cannot be scared of something which you did not know existed and had
      never even heard of it. I never heard the term `mystical
      experience' until long after the event had happened. Moreover, I
      never read that kind of stuff.

      But, suppose I had of done, then would I have been scared of it? I have
      to cast my mind back to those days and as to what I was like when I was
      still very young. But no, I do not think I would have been scared of it.
      I do not scare easy. Perhaps if you had lived through bombs every day
      and night for six years then not much would scare you either. For things
      do not get any worse than that. The only times I have ever got scared is
      when the kids have gone out on their own for the first time. If you
      never want to get scared then never fall in love with somebody and
      don't have children.

      But what if I had heard or read anything about mystical experience when
      I was young? I might have been intrigued and curious. But it is one of
      those what if questions isn't it. I can only talk about what I have
      lived through and known. But I sure remember what I felt like for a
      while AFTER transcendent mystical experience :- ) You never forget
      that.

      Do you know, even to this day I still feel sorry for folks who assume
      that life is all about thoughts and ideas and that we can never really
      KNOW anything. Life experience, and mystical experiences, have got
      absolutely NOTHING to do with thoughts and ideas. Life experience IS
      experience, and you KNOW IT. Sure enough life experience makes us think
      and it also gives us ideas, but they are after the event of experience.
      They are so bloody DIM. Stick your hand in the fire and see if the pain
      is just a thought or an idea. And see if you KNOW what it feels like.
      That is what make human beings HUMAN, because they can FEEL !!!! There
      isn't anybody who cannot FEEL. A tear tells you more about somebody
      than a smile does. How can these dimwits go through life and not learn
      anything. It is ALL a learning process. It is ALL a becoming process
      from the Ground of Being outward. The unfolding off an implicate order.
      You cannot stay in Eternity. There are no fears, no adventures, no
      worries, no problems to solve, nothing to do at all, in the eternal
      Ground of Being. FACT FACT FACT, and I KNOW it. And the daft bastards
      tell me that we cannot know anything. Ppphhtttt:>! It just shows their
      bloody ignorance. They must be new on the scene. Metaphysical babies.

      Dick Richardson