Re: Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2012
      eduard,

      How does one revise their programming? I ask this in all seriousness. Do you have some resources that I can recommend to people?

      > Teilhard de Chardin proposed more than an end point. He proposed the
      > "Noosphere" which would be like a biosphere of the global mind. Thus my own
      > philosophical tool of "Nooism". Nooism posits that it is all in your head.
      > There is no absolute truth, only what we chose to program in our neurons.
      > If your programing leads to success and happiness ... for you ... then you
      > have done it right and have identified your own truth. The imperative is to
      > keep assessing your neural programing and self to determine if it is really
      > giving you happiness. If not, then it is time to revise the programing ...
      > version 2.0.
      >
      > eduardathome
    • eduardathome
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2012
        Mary,

        Your programming is one or more neural scripts that get played out in your
        brain. Like a machine which has an electronic script of ... pick up next
        piece ... position ... drill hole ... put aside ... pick up next piece.

        That's all it is.

        A neural script is strengthened by use. Those which do not lead to
        happiness but rather to worry and sadness, need to be overcome by creating
        some new neural script or a modification so that it leads to some other
        thought/emotional result. Every autumn I get depressed by the coming
        winter. The days are shorter and the cold begins to set in. I still hate
        winter, but if I can convince myself to at least once to go out to shovel
        the snow, the neural script is modified and I am more inclined to accept the
        reality of it all. Its the same neural script, but it now has a different
        ending.

        A neural script is lessened by non-use. If you can avoid thinking about
        something that causes worry, the script is weakened and you can put it
        aside. You may not get rid of it, since the connections likely remain
        intact. For example, I got a ticket for speeding in September. At the
        time, the fact that I was stopped by a policeman really got to me. It's my
        view of authority which is another bad neural script I have. But I kept
        saying to myself that it would become only a memory and then less so. And
        it has, except it pops up at times and I have to play it down again.

        Yet dealing with winter and stopping myself from being bugged by the memory
        of speeding tickets is not the sort of revision of programming that you mean
        [I presume]. An important reprogramming is our view on life ... our
        philosophy ... our behaviour. I would suggest that this kind of
        reprogramming can also be done. It is first necessary to realise that it is
        only a matter of neural scripts or whatever you wish to call it. That is,
        you have a personal fault or some outlook that is not of benefit. Faults,
        outlooks and behaviours are all neural scripts. Keep in mind that neural
        scripts are strengthened by use and lessened by non-use ... and they can be
        modified.

        But we know all this. Nothing new here folks. How many times have we heard
        of someone who has read a book or had an experience and this has changed
        his/her life. They are the same person physically ... it is their brain
        which has changed.

        Can you do it on your own?? I would say, yes. Firstly, be aware of the
        fault you want to change. Secondly, identify and begin some new singular
        step of thinking that will lead to a neural script or modification of a
        script. Do it again ... here you have to be able to establish some kind
        routine. The routine itself is also a script. Do it again to strengthen
        the neural script and you are on your way. The first step is the hardest
        and the second only a bit less.

        This is known in psychology as a means to treat obsessive compulsive
        disorders. You need to introduce a new thought that modifies that looped
        script making you wash your hands 20 times.

        The bottom line is that if you operate on the basis of neural scripts then
        you can reprogram to anything. I have a neural script, therefore, I am.

        eduardathome