Re: [existlist] Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

  • eduardathome
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2012
      Teilhard de Chardin proposed more than an end point. He proposed the
      "Noosphere" which would be like a biosphere of the global mind. Thus my own
      philosophical tool of "Nooism". Nooism posits that it is all in your head.
      There is no absolute truth, only what we chose to program in our neurons.
      If your programing leads to success and happiness ... for you ... then you
      have done it right and have identified your own truth. The imperative is to
      keep assessing your neural programing and self to determine if it is really
      giving you happiness. If not, then it is time to revise the programing ...
      version 2.0.

      eduardathome

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2012
        eduard,

        How does one revise their programming? I ask this in all seriousness. Do you have some resources that I can recommend to people?

        > Teilhard de Chardin proposed more than an end point. He proposed the
        > "Noosphere" which would be like a biosphere of the global mind. Thus my own
        > philosophical tool of "Nooism". Nooism posits that it is all in your head.
        > There is no absolute truth, only what we chose to program in our neurons.
        > If your programing leads to success and happiness ... for you ... then you
        > have done it right and have identified your own truth. The imperative is to
        > keep assessing your neural programing and self to determine if it is really
        > giving you happiness. If not, then it is time to revise the programing ...
        > version 2.0.
        >
        > eduardathome
      • eduardathome
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 29, 2012
          Mary,

          Your programming is one or more neural scripts that get played out in your
          brain. Like a machine which has an electronic script of ... pick up next
          piece ... position ... drill hole ... put aside ... pick up next piece.

          That's all it is.

          A neural script is strengthened by use. Those which do not lead to
          happiness but rather to worry and sadness, need to be overcome by creating
          some new neural script or a modification so that it leads to some other
          thought/emotional result. Every autumn I get depressed by the coming
          winter. The days are shorter and the cold begins to set in. I still hate
          winter, but if I can convince myself to at least once to go out to shovel
          the snow, the neural script is modified and I am more inclined to accept the
          reality of it all. Its the same neural script, but it now has a different
          ending.

          A neural script is lessened by non-use. If you can avoid thinking about
          something that causes worry, the script is weakened and you can put it
          aside. You may not get rid of it, since the connections likely remain
          intact. For example, I got a ticket for speeding in September. At the
          time, the fact that I was stopped by a policeman really got to me. It's my
          view of authority which is another bad neural script I have. But I kept
          saying to myself that it would become only a memory and then less so. And
          it has, except it pops up at times and I have to play it down again.

          Yet dealing with winter and stopping myself from being bugged by the memory
          of speeding tickets is not the sort of revision of programming that you mean
          [I presume]. An important reprogramming is our view on life ... our
          philosophy ... our behaviour. I would suggest that this kind of
          reprogramming can also be done. It is first necessary to realise that it is
          only a matter of neural scripts or whatever you wish to call it. That is,
          you have a personal fault or some outlook that is not of benefit. Faults,
          outlooks and behaviours are all neural scripts. Keep in mind that neural
          scripts are strengthened by use and lessened by non-use ... and they can be
          modified.

          But we know all this. Nothing new here folks. How many times have we heard
          of someone who has read a book or had an experience and this has changed
          his/her life. They are the same person physically ... it is their brain
          which has changed.

          Can you do it on your own?? I would say, yes. Firstly, be aware of the
          fault you want to change. Secondly, identify and begin some new singular
          step of thinking that will lead to a neural script or modification of a
          script. Do it again ... here you have to be able to establish some kind
          routine. The routine itself is also a script. Do it again to strengthen
          the neural script and you are on your way. The first step is the hardest
          and the second only a bit less.

          This is known in psychology as a means to treat obsessive compulsive
          disorders. You need to introduce a new thought that modifies that looped
          script making you wash your hands 20 times.

          The bottom line is that if you operate on the basis of neural scripts then
          you can reprogram to anything. I have a neural script, therefore, I am.

          eduardathome