A feeling of Repugnance?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2012
      A feeling of Repugnance?

      [ As a mystic don't you get a feeling of repugnance from these mass
      shootings such that we see? ]

      I get a feeling of repugnance from the fact that they would rather bury
      their children than bury their guns. I get a feeling of repugnance from
      the fact that their spokesman on the one hand talks of these evil events
      and on the other hand say that their god has taken these people. Which
      implies that their god put the weapons in the hands of the shooter. If I
      were their god I would commit suicide or emigrate. But I am not their
      god. I take more hope from the people who were there on the scene. I
      take hope from the people on the ground, not the governments. I take
      hope in the fact that so many people are dumping mediaeval superstitions
      and moving on. I wish they would bury their governments. I take hope in
      the observation that intelligence could one day exist here. Maybe a new
      paradigm is beginning to wash over this place and lift it out of the
      dark ages. But if not then life can exist in other places. So all is not
      lost.

      Dick Richardson

    • eduardathome
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2012
        Sometimes people use the words that are available to them to express their
        deepest feelings. Religion serves that end. It doesn't mean that they
        think their god went out of his way in this specific instance to ensure the
        kids got shot.

        eduardathome