Amenable to advice

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2012
      Bill,

      It seems the adolescent and the senior have one thing in common, not being amenable to advice. Group participants have dwindled here and I think we're missing the voice of the twenty to fifty somethings who might offer some perspective as those still open to what existentialism has to offer in their lives so filled with responsibilities and decisions. We're at the age where we've shed those necessary and unnecessary duties and can devote time to adventure and pleasure in almost unfettered ways as opposed to when they were simply stolen moments. In addition, we have time for our political interests and time to think and do for ourselves and others of our own choosing with an unprecedented lack of constraint.

      Mary
    • William
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 14, 2012

        > Bill,
        >
        > It seems the adolescent and the senior have one thing in common, not being amenable to advice. Group participants have dwindled here and I think we're missing the voice of the twenty to fifty somethings who might offer some perspective as those still open to what existentialism has to offer in their lives so filled with responsibilities and decisions. We're at the age where we've shed those necessary and unnecessary duties and can devote time to adventure and pleasure in almost unfettered ways as opposed to when they were simply stolen moments. In addition, we have time for our political interests and time to think and do for ourselves and others of our own choosing with an unprecedented lack of constraint.
        >
        > Mary

        Mary, My time is being stretched to great lengths. I am trying to begin retirement but I am so busy I am exhausted . Every body wants it all done before I leave. I usually have no special interest in the holidays but the break may save my life this year. I have worked non stop without a break for more than a year . Retirement is hard work and the final day may be like falling off a cliff. The dentist who is taking over is also very busy with his staff writing records until ten o clock at night. Tell someone they can`t have something and they will blow your doors off to get it.
        So I have not gotten to the time where I have shed duties. I understand the symptoms of over work and I have them all. Our christmas gift to one another is a new dishwasher. Ours died and we are eating fast food to keep the dishes down. We do not have time to do them. Not too romantic but it is what we want. There is all kinds of weeping and gnashing of teeth at the office. I am beyond that as I just want it over. I know if I waited any longer to retire it would probably kill me. A very strange and unexpedted time that has blind sided me will be over in two weeks. So many ask me what I will do. I honestly tell them I have nothing planned, I just havn`t had time. The peregrines are outside and they are awesome. The cat senses they are very dangerous and cowers from the big ,preditory birds. They live on the downtown buildings but come down here to hunt. Supposidly they can kill a house cat so what I am doing is protecting Cancun. I`ll tell you whan that time for reflection arrives but it is still nose to the grindstone for me. Bill