Tell me this?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2012
      Tell me this?

      [ Tell me this Ricardus, for I am very curious about it. Imagine that
      you could come back to a world like this while knowing what you know now
      from these experiences but not necessarily remembering this life. But a
      world like this but with nothing to cure, to mend, to try and put right.
      Imagine also that you could live there for a very long time, and in good
      health and with all the faculties about you. Then what would you do? I
      suppose I am trying to find out what all this might be leading to. ]

      It is a long time since I was called that; it takes me back a bit. 1957
      if I recall; down among the sand dunes. Yes I am sure it was. I was
      christened Ricardus by the way; to a high Latin mass; when I was just a
      few days old. So they told me. How strange. What would I do in a
      scenario like you painted there. It would depend what I would be like in
      that lifetime would it not. Personality and all that. Truth is I really
      don't know, never thought about it. I will have a quick think about it
      now however. I think I would spend some years exploring the place and
      then I would find me a woman, build a log cabin by the side of a lake on
      the edge of a wood, plant some crops, have some kids and do that until
      curtain fall. Is that anything like you were expecting? I don't know
      where it is all leading to; but that sounds good to me. Peace, amid the
      sunshine and the stars at night. How better could a lifetime be lived I
      wonder. But that would do me just fine. Guess I would have nothing
      remarkable to remember in such a lifetime as that. And not hectic and
      busy like this one has been. But I have never looked for the remarkable,
      just the nicely acceptable. Yeah, that would be fine. I will dream on
      that one :- ) Night night.

      rwr