Live Conversation?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2012
      Live Conversation?

      [ Now that there are computers then live conversations seem to become
      less and less. What was it like when you were little, and also in the
      army, and when courting? Children seem to be missing so much of it these
      days. Will you really be quitting at the end of this year? ]

      Wow :- ) You plainly mean face to face living. Well, I did my bit for
      seventy three years :- ) Not so much of it in the last couple of years,
      and for obvious reasons. But I see no problem with using the media of
      cyberspace, providing one does not miss out on the more natural way and
      integrating with people and society.

      What was conversation like when I was a kid? Grim :- ) But I did enjoy
      talking with some of the old fogies then. But talking to the kids in the
      street then what the hell do kids know. Chatting while in the army?
      Well, I was very young when I was in the army and the conversations was
      grim there too. But I did enjoy talking to the civilians in the
      establishment there, and it was nearly all civilians anyway. I learned a
      lot. But the army also taught one so much as well, trades and all that.
      Conversations while courting when one was young – Double grim :- )
      Wow, if one could go back and chat from hindsight of the years eh. We
      would do it all different and would not be tong tied :- )

      But using cyberspace is OK and it can be blended in well, and you can
      learn much there too. So I think cyberspace adds to it not detracts from
      it. But it does depend on the type of cyberspace you are using and the
      folks you meet up with. So, be selective. Keep in mind too that some
      people, even quite young, just cannot get about like you and I can. So
      it is great for them too. But, and I hate to say it again, but the chats
      in the pub around the fire were some of the very best. That does not
      happen now. But it is good to remember it nonetheless. Quitting at the
      end of this year? Yup. I am already well overdue. But I will keep in
      touch with some old friends, that is all. Which reminds me, I must have
      a chat with Mrs Santa Clause to see what we are doing this year and when
      and how :- )) I have also requested some Coffee Beans to grind up
      myself on my list to Santa, as well as the other two vitals.

      rwr