A little about a lot

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2012
      The astronimer DeGasse is debunking the end of the world hysteria. He takes on the prevalent doomsday myths and tells why they are wrong. The rogue planet illusion is just that. We would have long ago discovered a rogue planet, it simply does not exist. The exploding sun theory has no proof in fact. The sun is at an end of an eleven year cycle and is acting normally. The reversal of polarity scare takes place without incident every four hundred thousand years or so and poses no threat. Comets and asteroids always pose a threat but our view of near space is better and nothing sinister is close. De gasse reassures us that none of these theories stand up to good science and I accept that.
      On the national scene the debt cliff is being wildly overblown by the media. It is the cause de jour and should be seen as the politics of money on a national level. The editor of the Washington Post reminds us that we have the soverign power to print money. The United States is in a fiscal position that the world and our own people accept the dollar as the refuge currency and that is a primal position. This boils down to a social spending Vs defense spending. That is a classic american political fight and it too will be resolved in a political process. It is not a cliff or coming debacle. That is the media tooting its horn for profit.
      Internationally we will maintain control of basic order in the world without resort to war. We are not going to nuke Iran and Syria will resolve itself probably without the present dictator. Russia will play a role here as they will realise their

      goals there with the new government. I really do not care what happens to Assad.
      As we come to this new year I see a world moving slowly forward but in a process of progress. Being a skeptic this is a situation that seems rare but I could learn to live with the normalicy. Bill