On the Origins of Life?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2012
      On the Origins of Life?

      [ Would you give a recorded talk on the origins of life Richard? ]

      No. I am not qualified to do so.

      Also, what does the question mean? Does it mean the origins of life on
      this planet or does it mean more than that? Also, what does anyone
      define life as being? I define life as being a conscious entity which is
      aware of its own existence. But it seems that many people would not
      define life that way. They go on about it must have the potential for
      reproduction of exactly the same phenomena. But there are people who
      cannot reproduce. Are they not life forms? Also when people reproduce
      they DO NOT reproduce exactly the same entity that they are. So it is
      all BULLSHIT. And if they did then there would be no bloody evolution.
      There is also the question of there is life NOW; so study that, and no
      matter how it originated. So HOW, WHEN and WHERE it originated is
      academic. Then there is the question of WHY.

      As for giving live talks then I have done that. As for recorded talks I
      have done that too. And what bloody difference does it make? I might as
      well have sat in the garden alone with a beer. I have also done one live
      broadcast on Mystical experience and the Ground of Being. What bloody
      good did that do? If you are going to do anything then just write your
      book and put I out there and let it blow on the wind. And that will last
      here longer than you will. And it may, or may not, have any
      consequential effects. Another good question is as to where Life is
      going. Innit.

      But as for me then the origin of life is when something first becomes
      aware of existing. And I don't simply mean as a human being when little.
      And there is much more life around than simply human beings. And what
      would know anything if there were no life forms? Think on that one.
      What do you know? I keep asking that questions and there is deadly hush
      :- )))))

      Dick Richardson