Do while waiting?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2012
      Do while waiting?

      [ It may seem a strange question Merlin but what do you do while waiting
      for something? ]

      :- ) Never had that one before. I don't wait for things. If you
      mean like waiting for a bus or a train or perhaps waiting in a line of
      people for some reason then I don't do it. I have of course done it
      in the past to some extent, but not for a long time now. What would I do
      at such times? Well, think about things, watch people as they come and
      go; watch the traffic, talk to somebody next to me in the line; play a
      game of chess in your head; all kinds of things. There are many ways of
      passing the time. Just enjoy it, use the time. Count the birds as they
      fly past; watch the raindrops landing in the puddles. Plop :- )

      But, you now, if you want something from a shop then go when it is quiet
      if you can so that you don't have to wait around too long if that
      annoys you. If I need to go somewhere then one can simply walk (if it is
      not too far) or jump on a bike, or use your car, there is no waiting
      around then. I did sometimes get fed up with traffic jams :- ) But
      once again one can avoid such busy times on the road. But if you are in
      a traffic jam then do the same, watch people, watch the traffic, watch
      the clouds roll by etc. But life is too busy to stand around waiting
      for things :- ) Use each moment as it comes. What do you do ma'am?
      Hey, I remember waiting for that dark Limbo event to end. I somehow knew
      that it would end. And it only took a few minutes to end. But while
      there I remembered memories. And I sang to myself a bit. There was
      nothing else to do. That was the oddest waiting around that I ever did.
      And by the beard of Zeus one could not even have a fag while waiting :-
      ) Oh you have to laugh don't you.

      Hey, I had no pain at all last night. Went to sleep at about eleven and
      woke up at eight this morning. That was shock. So that made a nice
      change from the last six months or so :- ) But that is a bit too much
      sleep for me and it takes a long time to come fully alive again. I like
      about four of five hours sleep, that is enough and I always wake up
      fresh as a lark when I do that. And given that time goes faster as you
      get old then less sleep is a good thing. Being unconscious is a waste of
      bloody time :- )))) But being unconscious does not equate with waiting.
      So being unconscious is neither a good experience or a bad experience;
      it is just no experience at all and not even there to know it. No
      problem.

      Merlin