What am I?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2012
      What am I?

      [ What am I, seems to be a question which haunts all people throughout
      all time, and even though they perhaps never mention it or even
      acknowledge it. ]

      Does it indeed? So, acknowledge it or not what do they do about it? But
      to say that it is not acknowledged is to fly in the face of all past
      human existence here, and what about Philosophy? It is the central theme
      of philosophy and even science. What am I is the fundamental question.
      All the other questions come after it.

      But what if some people DO acknowledge it? What do they do about it and
      where and how do they seek an answer to its resolution? Where would you
      look? Where is the self which they are seeking? Is there such a thing?
      And if you say yes or no then what is that claim based upon? You must
      surely want proof of it. I asked myself that question a long long time
      ago. Before most of you were born here. I did not say yes or no. I said
      I don't know. But I know now. I have known for a long time. Perhaps
      longer than many of you have been here.

      But don't look to the past for the answer to that, and don't
      look to the future, and don't look to any religion or any mode of
      science or philosophy. Do not look to any book or to any person. Do not
      look to time and do not look to space. But it is there to find. Beyond
      that which the physical eye can see and what the physical hand can tough
      and what the physical ear can hear. What is more is that it is proved to
      be so. Beyond any doubt. In the meantime you cannot shift on to others
      that which is yours to do. You must do it alone. You WILL do it alone.
      For there is no other way it can be done. Others can assist at times,
      but they cannot do it for you. For that is impossible. And when you find
      your SELF you will be alone there. But not here.

      Dick Richardson