The lotto craze

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2012
      I have never bought a lotto ticket. I can multiply and divide and the odds are just not in my favor. For some reason I win at slots. I know it is just luck as the house has the odds stacked in their favor but I play to a twenty dollar max and quit when I win. I do not know why this strategy wins but for me it does. I only wager about twnnty bucks a year. I`m not much of a sport.
      An investment advisor has written about the lottery and stock market investing. I think it interesting he even broaches the comparison but he thinks there is a sort of pathological investor as there are wagering addicts. That just scares hell out of me because I have invested for many years but never played lotto.
      I know there are systems for investing and I am a buy and hold investor. I do not day trade but do double down and reinvest dividends.
      There are lotto systems. Perhaps the most popular is group buying . The logic is you buy more tickets you have more chances. I am such a skeptic I would have to be the one buying the tickets were I to trust a group. I remember when I used to send ten bucks with friends to Los Vegas. I quit that after perhaps two exposures. Of course that was two too many.
      I think after the recession and the austerity many are just busting to play, to be able to take a chance. to have some hope. I kept reinvesting dividends throughout the recession and that kept up my level of hope and dissuaded me from buying lotto tickets. How have you handled these similar situations? Bill