Religion or what they do with it?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2012
      Religion or what they do with it?

      [ What do you feel about the question of religion or what some people do
      with it? ]

      I have made my position clear on that years ago and done so time and
      again. I don't give a hoot what people choose to believe in or
      choose not to believe in, it is what people DO which is important.
      Beliefs can never be effective in the world unless they are acted upon
      in action. If you took all the religious people and talked them out of
      it and if you took all the non religious people and talked them into it
      you would still have murders, rapes, child abuse, crime, fear, greed,
      vengeance, jealousy, and all the rest of it, and all committed by the
      same people who do it now; religious or not.

      Nor do I argue that people with a religion, or without a religion, could
      be talked into doing such things if they were not that way inclined. So
      my argument with religions and brain washing is not even about that.
      What I am arguing is that a religion makes it more difficult for people
      to find their SELF because they will not be looking for it. So it holds
      up evolution of the individual and the species. Without it they are
      going to be more open to exploring things, life, and themselves; because
      they will be asking questions, and which is natural to do. I had no
      idea that we had an eternal connection. But I was born asking questions.
      I found that connection, and more. And there is no need for me to
      believe in that, nor have any faith in it. It is what it is and does
      what it does. Neither do I go around asking people to be like me. I
      don't give a hoot whether they are or they ain't. It is not my
      problem either way. It is up to them to find it. I would rather they did
      find it, but there you go. I have talked about it and there is no more
      that I can do. Neither has talking about done much good :- ))) Ahh
      well, I tried.

      Dick Richardson