Suffering in life?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2012
      Suffering in life?

      [ What do you see as the reason for the major suffering in life? I do
      not mean the type of suffering if deprived of food and water but the
      more common suffering, even in wealthy countries, of not being happy.
      Life never living up to expectations? ]

      So you mean emotional suffering or a mental suffering then? Well, I have
      never personally known it. But nevertheless I feel that I could say
      something on this – from hindsight of other things. Wonderful ally
      is hindsight you know.

      It seems to me that it is due to a sense of disappointment. As you
      say, life not living up to expectations. But where did those
      expectations come from? I find such expectations to be justified, oddly
      enough. It all comes back to the love of ideals of perfection. How
      something SHOULD BE. But why do they have these feelings of how
      something should be? Is it silly? No. Far from it.

      What many do not seem to realise is that one is looking for perfection
      in the manifest form – Life on earth in a body. But they do not know
      that it is there in fact; a perfection in Essence, and which itself is
      not in Form. Yet they are connected to it and are from it. Hence why I
      say that feeling is justified. But they know nothing of a life in
      Essence, a transcendent part of their being. So they are alienated from
      it. And they go through their life here with that alienation from it.
      They are not consciously connected up to their SELF. But even though
      they are alienated from it in conscious terms they are not separated
      from it. For it is a part of their being. A part which they do not know
      the existence of. Yet it is working within them. Hence the feeling of
      ideals.

      So when they have these ideals of a perfect country or a perfect life
      here or a perfect marriage and prefect children and a perfect love life,
      a perfect romance, etc, they are disappointed because it is not all
      happening that way for them. Yet there is a longing for it. They are
      missing home but don't even know about such a part of them. So they
      are perpetually sad. Ever looking for something which they do not have.
      THAT is the difference between non mystics and mystics. The mystics are
      in conscious awareness of it. It isn't lacking. They are not
      alienated from it. So they live here a different way because of it. They
      are living in form but from the essence of their being. So, the
      questions are WHY are they alienated from it; and what can be done about
      that? Find the answers to those two questions and you will have erased
      the world's greatest problem. But don't ridicule them for
      feeling that way for it is totally justified. They are not silly, they
      are just aliened from their self and that aspect of life. So, try to
      help them in some way. But chances are they will not listen to you
      anyway. But some do occasionally; perhaps if they get desperate enough.
      This is also why so many of them buy into a religion for they think that
      is offering some kind of perfection. In so doing they get even deeper in
      the shit of nausea and paranoia; for they are offered all that in
      another life, not this one :- ))

      rwr