Fast Expansion of the Circumference?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2012
      Fast Expansion of the Circumference?

      [ Yes, true enough all experiences widens the circumference of awareness
      and knowing slowly. But as you know well enough there are some
      experiences which widen that horizon fast with a mightily jolt. Or what
      one might call a sudden evolutionary leap. We both know that well
      enough. Likewise what kind of experiences do that is also obvious. The
      question is how do they do it. ]

      Isn't it just :- ))) So you are asking about the actual mechanism of
      change. The engineering job. You will have to look deep into the
      Pandora's box of the sub conscious for the answer to that. And
      assuming that door opens up for you to see that part of the psyche. Your
      question is bit like my talking of the VALVES therein which open up but
      you are going on to ask what mechanism does that boot up into action and
      effect which causes that change. Well I do not know. Right now my only
      concern is that it does and it works. It is the pragmatist in me you
      see. But I am not going to concern myself with that until if and when
      that particular window opens itself up to me. In the meantime I can live
      without knowing. But if it does while I am still in these parts then I
      will let you know. But I doubt it. As you well know, I do not mess with
      the psyche. Don't try mending something which is not broken eh.
      Fascinating question however. Why not contemplate upon it for a few
      months or years and see if anything pops up? I have other things to do
      right now. Clearing the decks for the ship to sail west into the setting
      sun; so to speak :- )

      Merlin

    • William
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2012
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Dick." <somerset_2@...> wrote:

        > Fast Expansion of the Circumference?
        >

        > [ Yes, true enough all experiences widens the circumference of awareness
        > and knowing slowly. But as you know well enough there are some
        > experiences which widen that horizon fast with a mightily jolt. Or what
        > one might call a sudden evolutionary leap. We both know that well
        > enough. Likewise what kind of experiences do that is also obvious. The
        > question is how do they do it. ]
        >

        > Isn't it just :- ))) So you are asking about the actual mechanism of
        > change. The engineering job. You will have to look deep into the
        > Pandora's box of the sub conscious for the answer to that. And
        > assuming that door opens up for you to see that part of the psyche. Your
        > question is bit like my talking of the VALVES therein which open up but
        > you are going on to ask what mechanism does that boot up into action and
        > effect which causes that change. Well I do not know. Right now my only
        > concern is that it does and it works. It is the pragmatist in me you
        > see. But I am not going to concern myself with that until if and when
        > that particular window opens itself up to me. In the meantime I can live
        > without knowing. But if it does while I am still in these parts then I
        > will let you know. But I doubt it. As you well know, I do not mess with
        > the psyche. Don't try mending something which is not broken eh.
        > Fascinating question however. Why not contemplate upon it for a few
        > months or years and see if anything pops up? I have other things to do
        > right now. Clearing the decks for the ship to sail west into the setting
        > sun; so to speak :- )
        >

        > Merlin
        > Merlin, I think those fast expansions were accompanied with massive ,hormonal incursions. In famales estrus is a huge change and is accompanied with estrogen increases. In males increases in testosterone bring about puberty. The whole male life changes with that awakening.
        Highly fearful experiences are accompanied with adrenalin rushes and highly pleasureable happenings come with Oxytocin boli. The big things in life are stamped with hormonal spikes and those spikes seem to heighten memory. Do you remember the first time you saw something die? Do you not remember the birth of your children? Indeed all these stark happenings are tatooed with hormones and sand blasted into the memory.They are physiological as well as psychological. I think they are physiological before they are exposed to the psyche and stored in the memory. Bill