Extended circumference

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2012
      I like Dicks radar screen analogy. If experience is the area that ones radar encompasses then the beam power is like intelligence that allows one to push out further. Without a powerful beam the horison is shrunken and experience diminishes. If you consider a life as a whole is it of use to compare one life to another? Both will end the same. Is longevity the rule to be used? Is net worth of importance? Is fame the measure?
      Those with weaker minds have little chance to compete but does competition have anything to do with it beyond the biologic imperative to reproduce. Many people think stupid people should not reproduce. All these parameters and value judgments can be questioned from many perspectives. Jocks judged by intellectuals usually fare poorly and champion athletes with cases full of trophies are held in high esteem by many.
      I have opted for a balance of experience. That does not make my lifes course better than others it just makes it mine. I have aimed for a jack of all trades approach but have probably overweighted it with work over simple living . Twenty years of prep, forty years of working and perhaps twenty years in retreat. The insuriance charts say I will not get twenty years of retirement but I have plans to get a full measure. I plan to live more healthy with less stress. I want to return to my athletic self and return to better physical fitness. I`ll consult my cardiologist about that. I have dropped twenty pounds and after this last stressful business time I will pick a new or old hobbie and lower the intensity of my life. I know my radar beam is not as strong as before but by writing and thinking I hope to keep myself at a useful level. Useful for what,no ,useful to whom. And that answer is to me. Bill