What should they be looking for?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2012
      What should they be looking for?

      [ If science were to do a serious study of mystical experience and
      consciousness studies such as you mention then what should they be
      looking for? ]

      The only research that has been done over the last hundred years is
      research into psychic phenomena, and they have had no success in that
      even. But if they were to have any chance of success then it would be in
      that field. Before doing anything else they should be trying to study
      what triggers it. And to also look closely at the types of people who
      have psychic experiences, and interview them by asking relevant
      questions. And study them as a group.

      As for science studying mystical experience then they don't. They don't
      even seem to know that it exists. I have never know a scientific
      research body that has even ever interviewed a mystic. If you do then
      let me know; tell me about it. Some say they have studied `mystics'
      while in the mystical state. That is impossible chum. Read my written
      account again and see if you think I could have communicated with any
      human being during that three hour period. I did not even know the world
      existed. There is no way that they could ever interview a mystic in the
      transcendent state, and that is totally impossible. What are the chances
      of having a person `wired up' at the time they had a transcendent
      mystical experience? NIL. I cannot envisage science ever being able to
      study the mystical experience and the condition of transcendent mystical
      consciousness. They would be wasting their time, effort and research
      money in even attempting such. At best they could build an archive of
      first hand experiential accounts from mystics. But very few
      organisations have even tried that, if any. The ones which I knew did
      not know the difference between a psychic and a mystical experience
      even. Ignorance abounds.

      Dick Richardson