Re: Gaza

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
      It doesn't look good when both sides are willing to accept annihilation rather than compromise. Each believes god is on their side and uses man-made weapons to prove it. Crazy!!!

      > > Well, Bill, where do you see this situation heading? My own guess is a brokered substantive cease fire followed by a permanent solution imposed by a western coalition if not the U.N. itself, but with all parties forced to negotiate. No more stonewalling by Israel's government against a humane autonomy for Palestinians and no more terrorist attacks. All sides have to negotiate and those factions in Iran and Syria who genuinely want peace should be invited. This situation is too volatile to continue. I don't think we can wait until oil reserves don't need to be protected.
      > >
      > > Mary
      > >Mary, I have a bad feeling about this one. A pentagon analyst thinks we will see the demise of Israel. He thinks the arab spring very bad for Israel. The jewish expansionism will drive the arabs to keep attacking them until life is unlivable in Israel. If it is not hamas it will be hesbollah harassing them . The analyst says there are just too many arabs and too many radical groups. The israeli nuclear deterrent would destroy not only the arabs but the jews to. Eventually the quality of life would become so unbearable that many would emmigrate away. I do not see them ever living in peace and though we may stop this present violence it will return again and again in different forms from different groups. We will probably be self sufficient in oil before the final fall of the jewish state but I think they will lose and a new diaspora will follow. This plan is well known in the arab world and our getting out of the region will hasten the pressure on the jews. The smart,hard working jews will spread out but they will be swallowed up in the world and interbreeding will get them just as it is all the rest of us. The genes will survive but not a jewish state. So Hitler will not get his way but neither will the israelis. That seems about the only way it can work out. Bill

    • William
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
          Bill,

          Hegel makes my mind bleed, but I can walk away from it :)

          Have a nice day or two off. I'm being feted with an alternative to Prelude To Genocide Day (aka Thanksgiving), a Lebanese feast. I'm trying my first ma'amoul. Last year it was Moroccan. I need a treat after being poked, probed, and stabbed with needles today during my annual physical.