Home from the wars

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2012
      When Ike came home he had to decide what party he would join. I do not think Patreaus had any such trouble. He looked at CIA director as a smooth transition to civilian power. In short he wanted to be president. I doubt that will now be possible. The MIC has lost two candidates and their demise will make it easier to cut defense and rescue the economy. I do not say Obama engineered the demise of the four stars but it does not hurt him. He is wittling down his political opposition and neutering his domestic enemies. No one from the private sector is invited to set in on the budget talks. Wall street will be ordered and not be in on the process. General Allen will not be running for president and the arrogance of command has only been slightly visited. There will be more as the sacred defense budget is cut.
      On the state front two republican govenors are stonewalling insurance pools in their states. One claims allegiance to the civilian insurance industry and another claims state poverty. Both expected Romney to win and excuse them from participation in health care reform. They will participate or be completely ruled by the feds. One had the audacity to say that since he did not think the election was decided on issues the election is not binding. It is this kind of imaginary thinking at got Romney beaten in the first place. The right thinks the business and war making powers of the USA will go on unchaned. I see this as a watershed time that has been issued in by a childerns and womens army, hidden in the weeds by Obama and sprung on the old men as they postured in their greed and arrogance. The generals coming home from the wars will find pissed off wives and girlfriends who want their scalps . It is not 1952 anymore and the generals will not be elected, they might be in court fighting new battles. Bill