Human qualities

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2012
      The only thing we can say with any certainty about human nature is that it is varied. Not everyone is greedy and corrupt. Not everyone follows the herd; not everyone is solitary. What some people need to understand is that there is an interest of some in manipulating others to become greedy. I'm recently introduced through a documentary, A Century of the Self, to the father of American propaganda and public relations--Edward Bernays. His work with U.S. corporations introduced advertising and propaganda which emphasized mass individuality, a promotion of democratic consumerism. Check out Bernays, one of the most influential Americans of the 20th century that I knew nothing about. As Irvin pointed out recently, there is as much danger in phobia as philia, and thinking people are all one thing, rather than another is problematic. Some people are generous to a fault, which can have repercussions as much as greediness. One thing's for certain, there will always be some who take advantage or manipulate what they think they know about you.