Speaking Words of Wisdom?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2012
      Speaking Words of Wisdom?

      [ I have enjoyed reading your posts Merlin of Exmoor, mate; and some of
      them have indeed been thought provoking. People seem to love to hear or
      read words of wisdom. But what is wisdom? That is the question isn't
      it. ]

      It is indeed :- ))) And what does this or that person take to be words
      of wisdom? And why so? One ought to do a world-wide questionnaire on
      that :- )

      But, for me there are two kinds of `wisdom'. One is a lifetime of
      learning, thus a street-wise wisdom. The young cannot have that until
      they are old and have been around much; and have known the joys and the
      tears, the ups and the downs.

      The other kind of wisdom is that of knowing what we know and understand
      in the Ground of our Being, and how we feel about life and our attitude
      to it due to that. But in that maybe I am in a minority of one :- ))) I
      hope not. But, the young CAN know that. But sometimes, and even if they
      don't, the young can sometimes say things which are so wise, that they
      blow one away with admiration and shock. Having had five kids I know
      that to be true. Even as young as four or five they can sometimes say
      something which puts one to shame. I know. Been there a few times.
      Sometimes the kids can keep us in check, mate.

      Dick