The Ultimate Human Aim?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2012
      The Ultimate Human Aim?

      [ If you get to the bottom of what it is that all these factions are
      aiming for, no matter whether it is religions, physics, philosophy,
      forms of so called mysticism practice, meditation, new age practices,
      then they all seem to be seeking the same thing – `What is life
      about and what are they and where do they come from', and of course good
      health, happiness and a long life. But they don't know what it is.
      Would you agree with that? And isn't that what you set out to look for?
      What is your take on evangelicalism? ]

      (1) Yup. I have got a sneaking feeling that I must have said that
      somewhere along the line :- ) I would also ask them what they expect
      they are going to do with it when and if they find it. And as to if they
      have a main check list to concentrate upon. And I would also ask them
      how they are expecting to find it, and as to what that thing is which
      they will use for finding it is. You might even get some of them
      thinking once in a while. But don't bank on it. But if you catch them
      young enough then that might be more effective and you might help turn a
      boy into a king or a lamb into a lion.

      (2) Did I set out to look for that? No. I was only a little boy; three
      years of age. I was looking for anything which could be found :- ) As I
      said, at three and a half a minor mystical experience came along and
      prompted those questions. I guess I found it amusing at that age. But I
      did not think of it as a mystical experience, just rather odd, that is
      all. But it was very stimulating, provocative, challenging. And one
      thing leads to another and a road opens up gradually.

      (3) Evangelicalism? Well, from my understanding of it then it is the
      christian protestant movement who are biblical literalists, or what we
      call the fundamentalists, and who are into personal born again salvation
      due to staunch unshaken faith in their jesus christ personage. No doubt
      they will fill me in if I have got it wrong.

      Merlin