The Question of Morality?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2012
      The Question of Morality?

      [ Morality is about right and wrong in terms of behaviour, or good and
      bad conduct; so is this found in the inner ground of being of which you
      speak? ]

      I have done this one before. But to answer your question, no it
      isn't. There is no such thing as behaviour there and there is no
      such thing as right and wrong action; or knowing right and wrong action.
      So, this is a human characteristic or quality here and now.

      But the same applies to this – study yourself. Nearly every moment
      of every day we are faced with making decisions, and interactions with
      other critters. So how should one behave? Have you or have you not got
      something which you call a moral code of conduct? If so then how
      dominant is it in your life? It is sometimes called ones conscience
      isn't it. Assuming one gives any credence to it then could you do
      something which conflicts with this moral integrity? Can you live with
      yourself if you act in some way which is totally counter to this moral
      integrity which you have within you? Does this moral integrity evolve
      during your life?

      One of the major reasons which people use as an excuse for having a
      religion is the belief ( BE LIE ) that religion instils moral behaviour.
      But morality has nothing whatsoever to do with any beliefs and religion.
      Your moral integrity IS REAL. And to whatever degree it is activated
      within you. It is tied up with a person's SENSATIVITY. So, we
      certainly do not invent this thing. So where is its root and where does
      it come from?

      It is far deeper than the rational discursive mind. So, it is a product
      of the subconscious. But not as far down as the Ground of Being. So, it
      is an archetype, and one of those types which evolves with experience.
      It is not there for nothing. It is there to use. The best test of its
      integrity is when an action brings you absolutely nothing in return for
      doing it. But if you don't do it then you will know that IT IS WRONG
      not to do it, and you would have to live with that if you do it. So DONT
      look to religion for the truth of anything at all. It is ALL CRAP and
      nonsense. Look to yourself. For that is where IT IS. It is you which
      will judge you. Do it every day of your life. As for me I do use my
      SELF ( the part in the Ground of Being) as the litmus test for what is
      right and what is wrong action. So, not only do you feel it innately but
      you also KNOW what it is based upon and how and why it comes about.
      Study yourself. As I have said enough times, if you don't know you
      then you are a boat without a rudder. So how the heck would you steer
      it?

      Dick Richardson