Re: Two studs

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2012
      I'm always especially proud when standing in voter lines. Today there was a 93 yr. old woman whose ballot was rejected because she 'marked outside the lines' but a poll worker escorted her back to get another ballot. There were people of different colors, ages, and languages chatting and deferring when necessary. We also had signage in Spanish. I'm proud of our First Lady whose project has been to help veterans, but I'm also shocked at their suicide rate. There's so much more for everyone to do, I really can't see much point in polarization and gridlock.

      I see no reason that philosophy can't be a beacon, if only for the purpose of contrasting those writers who champion the individual exclusively with those who don't. There is still much to be parsed, and I suspect the changes the younger generation are pondering deal with these very different philosophies. I'm looking forward to watching the British television documentary series "The Century of the Self" after the election is decided, whenever that happens.