Twentieth Century?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2012
      Twentieth Century?

      [ I don't ever recall any mystical experiences, even though I enjoy
      reading about them; but when looking at the way things are going, and
      being near enough your own age, people lives are looking to become
      rather artificial and in a non caring world. I get the feeling that in
      time to come people might look back and envy those who lived through the
      twentieth century. ]

      Well, I hope you are wrong, but who knows eh. But I take your point well
      enough and I lived through quite a large chunk of it myself. It is
      certainly one to go down into history. I cannot think of any past
      century which would have been half as hectic, diverse, turmoil,
      uncertainty, traumatic, high hopes, and exciting, as the twentieth
      century. It was almost as if we lived through the very best that life
      could offer and the very worst, all at the same time, in the same
      century. But then again, it is the only one I know. The only one I can
      judge. I wonder what they will think of us. But, I also often look back
      at it all and simply think WOW ! :- ) It kind of takes your breath away
      just thinking about it. Maybe that is why we like those old costume
      period dramas where life seemed so easy, slow and unchanging; a rural
      idyll; a wee bit of temporary escapism for us :- ) But, I have no
      reason at all to think that people living in any century will not still
      value the same essential things in life that most of us do. I hope not
      anyway. But as always, it will largely depend on the individuals views
      and perspective on things. One can also look at it in the light that
      the way things are going it could also be very exciting in times to
      come. But I wish them well and hope that there is a somewhat better
      world for them to live their lives in. Life here is too precious to have
      it fucked up by many of the things I have seen and known through that
      century.

      rwr