Combining the Inner with the Outer?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012
      Combining the Inner with the Outer?

      [ ...... and you mention about a harmonious combining of the inner
      sensitivities and emotions with that of the rational and working day
      needs, but most people do this anyway without any conflict or
      psychological problems so what is all the fuss about? ]

      Hitherto when talking about that kind of harmonious combining of the
      inner and the outer (which can take some doing) I have been talking
      about combining the transcendent aspect of our being with the temporal;
      not simply that of keeping an emotional and rational balance.

      And maybe most people do indeed keep a harmonious balance of their
      reason and the emotional parts. But one can even question that. Do MOST
      of them indeed? Why then are there so many emotional and or
      psychological problems? Why crimes of passion; fear, greed? And they
      ain't all mystics coming to terms with transcendence are they. Have
      you ever had to learn how to live with the transcendent and the daily
      temporal work-a-day personality and needs of this world? If so then
      tell us all about it? Half of my own book and poems is about just that;
      and resolving the dichotomy into a synthesis. But if you only read
      religion and other such childish rubbish comics then you would know
      nothing about that at all. I know about it and so do some others. The
      hard way. I have known a few who tried to kill themselves because it
      was too hard to live in this place knowing that place and with their
      sensitivity. Even a teenager! It is partly why one damn well writes
      about it, and that is not easy nor is it fun nor do you get anything for
      doing it, but you try to encourage folks and let them know that they are
      not alone in this. If it is fun writing it all out, and all the arguing
      which you get, then you do it. And if the world at large has no problems
      with ordinary emotion and reason then why is the world like it is? Go
      on, tell us. ALSO chum, if they cannot live with what they have already
      GOT NOW then why dump more on them? And they ask me how to get
      transcendent experience. HUH ! Neither Bishops or Scientists are going
      to put me down chum so don't even bother to try. Old I might be,
      dead I ain't.

      rwr